Don’t run away! This particular “Nightmare in Silver" is 100% edible and not the least bit interested in destroying all life on earth. This Cyberman is an awesome cake made by Happy Occasions Cakes, a bespoke bakery located in Cwmbran, Wales. While we understand that the existence of this geektastic cake creates a distinct conflict between the Whovian survival instinct and sweet tooth, we’re pretty sure our overwhelming love of cake would triumph in the end.
Visit the Happy Occasions Cakes Facebook Page to check out more of their fantastic custom creations.
[via That’s Nerdalicious!]
Now if you and your pal had one big wish, Trevor, what would you like to see on television?
I’ve received a lot of letters from artists asking to check out their artwork and their blog, and I’ve noticed that a lot of them openly write unhealthy amounts of negative comments about their artwork, it was super depressing, honestly. :(
Confidence plays a very very important role as an artist, it’s what helps us learn and grow without the constant feeling of doubt and jealousy! You are a unique individual who must go down your own unique path, and as scary as it sounds, you can’t rely on others to hold your hand all the way through. You are the only one who can get yourself to where you need to go, and beating up your artwork is not the way! Trust yourself and your abilities to make a change, and you can do anything!!
Love your art, love yourself!
The Boxtrolls (2014) | Behind the Scenes
via Animation Magazine:
- 1 week; the average amount of time for an animator to complete 3.7 seconds of footage
- 3.5 inches, the cuff-to-cuff measurement of baby Eggs’ sweater (created on an embroidery machine to produce irregular lines, like a hand-knitted garment). His little socks are only ⅝” long
- 4 scenes per week was the goal for each animator
- 14 different fabrics were used in Lord Portley-Rind’s white hat
- 24 kinds of weeds were created for backgrounds by the greens department
- 55 different sculpts of prop cheeses were made; different scale sizes were needed for wide, medium and close shots
The 7th image… oh man..how do they animate water so that the wave lights animate alongside the character animation?? Is that some 3D printed water right there that they switch out over and over??? A light projection thru glass? Dying to know how it works. Everything about how Laika makes movies is real actual magic
sherif-samy submitted, wow
20 MIN OF MEDITATION
part of my daily process of morning meditation
by Sherif Samy